Wow…I haven’t logged on since October! Maybe 31 days of writing really wiped me out or something? Haha! 😉
I think I have been behind in writing and enjoying the blog for lots of reasons. I think the main reason is that this has been an especially hard season of life. New challenges, new fears, and lots of teachable moments.
However, I am nothing if not OCD. It would drive me crazy to have October, November, and December go unrecorded or unacknowledged. Yes, life has been rough – but, as always, it’s our life and it’s very full. In other words, an abundant life! This post would take FOREVER if I posted all the pictures so I will just give you my favorite highlights.
In October, we enjoyed:
- Southern Cooking Club with friends
- A special double-date down in La Jolla
- A Whiskey Tasting 30th Birthday Party
- A movie night with friends to watch Willow
- Sunday Church
- Fields staff bowling night & Bull Taco
- Our planted palm trees growing by the bedroom window
- Florence + The Machine concert! Woohoo!
- 2 pumpkin carving contests
- Temecula corn maze with our community group
- A new haircut – bangs!
- Beach walks and iced tea
- Youth Group Costume Bowling
- Boss’s Day at K1 racing
- Costume contest at work
In November, we enjoyed:
- Garlic knots from Knockout Pizza
- Idyllwild fall getaway for just the two of us
- A breathtaking hike
- Book Club to discuss In the Unlikely Event
- More moving into the new building at work
- Homeless bag packing and note-writing with our Jr. High kids
- Happy Hour Cooking Club
- Star Wars Marathon – Episodes 4-6
- Mediation by the beach
- A busted lip and ruined shoes
In December, we enjoyed:
- My company held its annual retreat for 2015. It’s my job to plan and execute the weekend and I am so blessed that it all went smoothly. I am glad to hear all my co-workers enjoyed themselves up in Los Angeles. You can read about it here: https://get.planningcenteronline.com/2015/retreat/
- Some of the things we did: Queen Mary, murder mystery dinner, Universal Studios, Wolfgang Puck buffet, Samba, and too many great conversations to count.
- 1/2 a dozen holiday parties
- Christmas Under the Stars with The Fields
- Christmas Shopping
- Disneyland again!
- Staff breakfast potluck
- Lots of traveling to ALABAMA
- Our first tornado scare, taking cover in the basement
- Sweet time with parents, grandparents, siblings, and our beautiful nieces
- Visiting family churches
- Birmingham Zoo
- Sweet Tea and TV
- Railroad Park and Steel City Pops
- Alabama Biscuit Company
- Bass Pro Shop (my first time)
- Beach walks & Mexican food at home
- Ringing in the New Year with our bestest friends in the world.
I will be back on this January, friends! 🙂
So far in January I have done more exercise, tried to eat less sugar, and am reading a lot more of my Bible…you know, your typical New Year’s good times. I love resetting and making the good things priorities again. What have you been up to?
Goodnight from here!