Better late than never! It’s day 29 of write31 at 9:30pm and I’m throwing together a post as quick as I can. This has been a wonderful challenge for me for sure! Today I’m talking wedding details.
Pinterest wasn’t a thing when I got married. There were blogs, and catalogs, and magazines, but no Pinterest. I can’t decide if all the endless and amazing pictures of weddings would have been a good or bad for me in the wedding planning process. Nonetheless, I loved our wedding day and I think it would have been Pinterest worthy! So many incredible moments and memories, but like I said, today I’m talking details. Specifically, 5 of my favorite details from our wedding day.
- My Wedding Day Attire: I loved my dress! I wore a bracelet my dad gave me when I was 16, I was gifted a pearl necklace by my granny, I borrowed earrings from my sister in law, and I wore a blue vintage garter and blue suede shoes. It was all so special and beautiful to me. Bret’s Wedding Day Attire was SO handsome and dreamy too!
- The Flowers. Bret and I do youth ministry together and one of our students’ mother offered to be our florist. She is amazing! Especially because I was such an indecisive bride when it came to picking just one flower.
- The Music. Bret and I sat down one evening and picked all our songs. I can still rmember that night so vividly. We both were teary-eyed that night imagining what it would be like: the procession, the ceremony, the first dance, all of it! Bret is a musician so I can see why this was so important to him.
- The Espresso Cart and Donut Bar. Enough said, right!? It was amazing and people still comment on it.
- The Balloons. I loved these big yellow balloons I saw in a magazine. I am so glad I made the splurge.
There are so many more, but I decided to limit myself to 5. I could spend much more time telling you about the pinwheels, the hair barrettes my MOH made, the candy bar, dessert table, ice cream cart, the wedding wishes tree, the guest book, more of the decor, the venues, the invitations, SO MUCH MORE!
But I hope you enjoyed these 5. None of these details would have been captured without our amazing photographer, Jessica Davins (formerly Hannon). We are forever grateful!
Okay, okay…one last picture. The Kiss! Best Day ever ever ever! ❤
p.s. can you see all the handmade pinwheels?