I’ve missed this. It’s been a while since I have posted and I am looking forward to writing and sharing some things here! Finding time to keep up with blogging is difficult, but I recently had a surgery that has forced me to rest. So, silver lining, folks!
In March we enjoyed lots of celebrations:
- A beach birthday party for one of our favorite 12 year olds
- Started two very different, but very good novels: Landline and The Nightingale
- Went to dinner and a Jose Gonzales concert with one of our favorite couples ever
- Celebrated 5 years of marriage with my sweet, handsome, enthusiastic, funny, strong, kind husband
- Spent a weekend away in Las Vegas on the lake, enjoyed a Gordon Ramsey burger, and the best breakfast I’ve ever had at Bouchon Bakery
- Bret treated me to some shopping and I ravaged the Anthropologie sale rack
- Date day at VGs, Zumbar, SD Zoo, and El Indio
- Celebrated EASTER SUNDAY at the Flower Fields in Carlsbad
- Celebrated my husband turning 30 years old! Whoa…good thing he has the best baby face I’ve ever seen.
In April we enjoyed:
- Co-Birthday 30th Birthday Party for Bret and Steve
- Beach walks and runs
- 2 Fountain Valley girlfriend dates
- Fun celebration work dinner
- Guy and Girl hang outs with our Jr. High kids
- Candle making class at Mr. B’s Necessities shop
- A beach birthday party for one of our favorite sweet 16 year olds
- Broke my pinky toe playing beach soccer
- Spanish themed Cooking Club – I made olive tapenade toast and mushrooms sautéed in garlic and white wine
- Spike ball Sunday
- My mom came to visit from Idaho! We had a beach day, watercolor night, Community Group, and dinner together at Benihana (her first time hehe).
In May we enjoyed:
- Bret traveled with one of our Pastors to Reno for an Acts 29 Conference
- Primos tacos and gelato with our Community Group
- Date Night at Target and The Flying Pig
- Mother’s Day dinner at my oldest and best girlfriend’s house
- Book Club meeting for The Nightingale with the best french food spread ever
- Said goodbye to the palm tree outside our front door…I loved that thing
- 8th Grade Graduation party with our Jr. High kids – SO fun!
- Lofty Coffee with Jocey
- In home massages (late Christmas present for Bret)
- Memorial Day appreciation and BBQ with friends
Something else that happened in March and is just now beginning to wrap up is an unexpected health update. My GP looked at my neck back in March and she thought my thyroid gland looked enlarged. She ordered an ultrasound which revealed that my thyroid was normal size but they could see there was a mass growing on the right side. I was then sent to a specialist. He did a biopsy and recommended I get it removed due to its large size. The biopsy came back a few weeks later as negative – PRAISE THE LORD! But I still had to consider surgery. I felt the most peace with moving forward with surgery and I am sure glad God directed me that way. Just this last week, they removed the mass and the Doctors laughed to each other when my husband asked how big it was. They said, “That thing was impressive!” So the mass is gone, it’s not cancerous, and I still have most of my thyroid intact. Recovery isn’t fun, but I am so grateful for God putting good doctors around me and for helping me to get healthy. I’m also so grateful for all the people who have prayed for me – God heard all of those prayers. And for those who have brought me flowers and food and cards and blessed me with your company. THANK YOU SO MUCH. My body is in pain but my heart is full.
Until next month…I hope you enjoyed hearing about “our full life” over the last few months.