Happy June! I wanted to share some of my favorite things with you.
- My S’ip by S’well thermos from Target. Bret saw it and knew I would like it. It’s yellow and has a bunch of little honey bees on it. Keeps my cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot for way longer than a normal water bottle.
- Summer board shorts I found on amazon. I always feel a little exposed in my bikini, but I’m really liking these swim shorts. They’re conservative, cute, and comfortable. I got a pair in coral and in aqua because they are super inexpensive. I recommend getting one size bigger than you normally wear in shorts.
- Chicken Soup from La Especial Norte. Recovering from surgery means lots of couch time, Gilmore Girls, good books, and soup. The BEST soup I’ve ever had is from La Especial Norte and it totally hit the spot.
What are three things you are loving?!
Wow…I haven’t logged on since October! Maybe 31 days of writing really wiped me out or something? Haha! 😉
I think I have been behind in writing and enjoying the blog for lots of reasons. I think the main reason is that this has been an especially hard season of life. New challenges, new fears, and lots of teachable moments.
However, I am nothing if not OCD. It would drive me crazy to have October, November, and December go unrecorded or unacknowledged. Yes, life has been rough – but, as always, it’s our life and it’s very full. In other words, an abundant life! This post would take FOREVER if I posted all the pictures so I will just give you my favorite highlights.
In October, we enjoyed:
- Southern Cooking Club with friends
- A special double-date down in La Jolla
- A Whiskey Tasting 30th Birthday Party
- A movie night with friends to watch Willow
- Sunday Church
- Fields staff bowling night & Bull Taco
- Our planted palm trees growing by the bedroom window
- Florence + The Machine concert! Woohoo!
- 2 pumpkin carving contests
- Temecula corn maze with our community group
- A new haircut – bangs!
- Beach walks and iced tea
- Youth Group Costume Bowling
- Boss’s Day at K1 racing
- Costume contest at work
In November, we enjoyed:
- Garlic knots from Knockout Pizza
- Idyllwild fall getaway for just the two of us
- A breathtaking hike
- Book Club to discuss In the Unlikely Event
- More moving into the new building at work
- Homeless bag packing and note-writing with our Jr. High kids
- Happy Hour Cooking Club
- Star Wars Marathon – Episodes 4-6
- Mediation by the beach
- A busted lip and ruined shoes
In December, we enjoyed:
- My company held its annual retreat for 2015. It’s my job to plan and execute the weekend and I am so blessed that it all went smoothly. I am glad to hear all my co-workers enjoyed themselves up in Los Angeles. You can read about it here: https://get.planningcenteronline.com/2015/retreat/
- Some of the things we did: Queen Mary, murder mystery dinner, Universal Studios, Wolfgang Puck buffet, Samba, and too many great conversations to count.
- 1/2 a dozen holiday parties
- Christmas Under the Stars with The Fields
- Christmas Shopping
- Disneyland again!
- Staff breakfast potluck
- Lots of traveling to ALABAMA
- Our first tornado scare, taking cover in the basement
- Sweet time with parents, grandparents, siblings, and our beautiful nieces
- Visiting family churches
- Birmingham Zoo
- Sweet Tea and TV
- Railroad Park and Steel City Pops
- Alabama Biscuit Company
- Bass Pro Shop (my first time)
- Beach walks & Mexican food at home
- Ringing in the New Year with our bestest friends in the world.
I will be back on this January, friends! 🙂
So far in January I have done more exercise, tried to eat less sugar, and am reading a lot more of my Bible…you know, your typical New Year’s good times. I love resetting and making the good things priorities again. What have you been up to?
Goodnight from here!