Today actaully feels like fall! Grey skies, wet pavement, warm drinks, and comfort food cravings. For the first time in weeks I have goosebumps rather than sweating into a puddle.
To be honest, fall is not my most favorite of the seasons, BUT it most definitely has it’s perks. I wanted to share with you some of my fall favorites in hopes of getting excited for the season ahead. Feel free to copy me – let’s be twinsies!
- Emily Jones has a great “Essentials” print she designed for you to hang in your home for each and every season. How cute is this one for the fall!?
- I know we all love Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes, but I would have to argue that Peets Coffee makes a better one. It’s richer and less sweet…which is just better!
- I got the cutest long-sleeve dress for fall from Old Navy. SO comfy and great with boots or flats. There’s maroon and navy blue option. Grab it now while it’s on sale!
- It wouldn’t be fall without a visit to Julian Pie Co. and an Apple Farm for you-pick bags of apples and fresh pressed cider. Then of course you have to use those apples to make your own homemade apple pie and apple spice ice cream!
- Some other fall favorite locations are Downtown Idyllwild and Bates Nut Farm. A new activity for us this year will be the Temecula Corn Maze!
- Pumpkin Carving is always so fun! Tonight and next weekend we have pumpkin carving parties to attend. And if you are a jack-o-lantern enthusiast, I heard that the SD Safari Park does a whole walk through display called Rise of the Jack-o-Lanterns that’s fantastic.
- This one is a favorite of many, far and wide: Trader Joe’s pumpkin spiced everything. Even pumpkin body butter! Get on that…it won’t last forever.
- There’s something about the fall and going to the movies, right? I like getting all layered up, going out to dinner, and seeing a movie with Bret.
- The fall is great for comfort food: soups, pasta, root vegetables, and breads. Some of our favorite fall recipes come from my Cookbook Collection. If your cookbooks don’t match up with mine, there’s always Pinterest for menu inspriation.
- Lastly, if you need a good Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake or Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream recipe, I made ones that were a favorite for our family.
I could have kept going with this list…there are alot of fall favorites out there. Maybe I like the fall season more than I thought I did?!
What are your fall favorites!? Boots, recipes, locations, activities?