Happy Saturday, friends!
It’s back with a vengance. This years’ indian summer has lasted longer then any that I remember. The 80, 90, and 100 degree weather has been consistent through October. So what can we do to beat it? I have a list for that.
- Go to the beach! Dive in, lay out, read a book, repeat.
- Make popsicles! Shutterbean has a great list of fruity and boozy ones.
- Take a hike out at Torrey Pines. The ocean breeze is incredible.
- Drink iced tea. Lots and lots of iced tea. If you need a recipe, I have a refreshing mint one you could try!
- Find some big trees, lay down a blanket, read more books, and drift off.
- Don’t use your oven. Make salads, sliced cheese, fruit. Maybe get the grill going.
- Walk around the mall with your favorite iced coffee drink.
- Set your self up in front of the fan with your colored pencils and coloring book. They’re not just for kids anymore. Check out this one from papersource!
- Head down to your local pool for a night swim.
- Hawaiian shaved ice or frozen yogurt is always a good idea.
- Go see a movie and eat popcorn for dinner.
- It’s an excuse to take things slow and rest. So, do that – REST!
How are you spending this indian summer day?