My drink of choice: lime margarita. All the flavors are amazing: salty, sour, and sweet. And paired with some fresh homemade Tacos…bliss.
The drink is so simple! Tequila, lime juice, cointreau, and ice. But we’re taking it up a notch today: candied key limes covered in sugar and chili powder. This is happening.
Candied Key Lime Margarita
CLICK HERE to find the candied lime recipe I used. Note: I used key limes instead of regular limes and added 1 Tbsp. of chili powder to my sugar mixture. Serves 1 margarita lover.
- Candied key limes, 3 per drink
- wooden skewer
- 1 key lime wedge
- 2 Tbsp. sugar, for rim
- 1 Tbsp. coarse salt, for rim
- 1 oz. gold tequila
- 1 oz. sweetened lime juice
- 1 oz. cointreau
- Wet the rim of a glass tumbler with a lime wedge. Pour salt and sugar onto a small plate. Turn glass upside down into the salt and sugar mixture to generously coat the rim. Fill glass with ice.
- Add Tequila, sweetened lime juice, cointreau and stir.
- Place 3 candied key limes onto a small wooden skewer and lay across the top of the glass. Enjoy!
NOTE: If the drink is too strong for you, just add some club soda for some bubble.