Today I was so blessed by the rain, by the work I had in front of me, and, most definitely, by the Gospel. I didn’t want to let another week go by without posting on the very thing that produces in me the most passion, satisfaction, and joy.
I have been wanting to share for weeks about The Gospel Coalition Conference I was blessed to attend in the beginning of April. I was so thankful to be there and gain teaching and encouragement from so many respected and trustworthy pastors. I finally had a moment to sit down today, collect my thoughts, and share a few of the big ideas God showed me through this conference.
The conference was focused on the life of Jesus as told through the Gospel of Luke. Below are some of the valuable notes I wrote out.
- From John Piper’s message on Luke 1 & 2: We have certainty in the doctrine of Jesus Christ. The truth about Jesus will always be the truth. The truth about Jesus leads us to repentance and obedience. The truth about Jesus leads us to a life of excellence and sacrifice. The truth about Jesus is something we must know deeply in our souls.
- From Kevin DeYoung’s message on Luke 15:1-32: God seeks out sinners and is diligently seeking the lost. God rejoices when sinners repent and are saved! We should be a people of patience and compassion for the lost. We should be a people always prepared to seek and find all kinds of lost people. We should be a people marked by our joy in Christ.
- From Stephen Um’s message on Luke 16:1-31: (on money) When is the last time I have pounded my chest in despair, crying out to the Lord to spare me because of my greed? Money is simply a means of exchange and we need to be theologically intentional with it.
- From Gary Millar’s message on Luke 22-23: Our situation is so hopeless we actually need someone to trust God for us. Jesus lived the perfect life we could never live and died the death we deserve. Jesus dies in our place. Praise Him.
- From Tim Keller’s message on Luke 24:1-53: The Resurrection is a shattering historical event. The Resurrection is the key to understanding all of Scripture. The Resurrection is a powerful message to the world. The Resurrection leads us to a place of humble worship. The Resurrection gives us a hope for the future; that it’s there and that it’s unimaginably magnificent. The Resurrection shows us that everything will be redeemed and restored forevermore.
- Jesus Christ calls Himself the King. He is the King. Worship Him. Obey Him. Rely on Him. Believe on Him. Expect great things from Him. Come to Him in prayer. He is the King!
I cannot put into words how grateful I was to be at TGC conference and to be poured into for hours upon hours. Not only was I lead in awesome worship and teaching, but I got to spend time with my church family. I will not forget this wonderful experience. Thank you to The Fields for making this experience so amazing. Thank you Jesus for not only saving me, but blessing me with even more grace to live this life ABUNDANTLY!
I hope you were encouraged by these words. Much Love to all of you!