This week was the first of many collaborations between myself and the lovely and talented Brittan of What She Would Have Worn. She’s a woman of impeccable style and a true friend. We spent the day shopping, cooking, and snapping photos together. Most importantly, there was lots of laughing, real talk, and inspiration going on.
Here is the situation: Brittan and I both love blogging. Like…really love blogging.
Here is what we thought: “Collaboration? Yes, please! Let’s be like Martha Stewart (and some of our favorite bloggers)!”
Here is the plan: Every month that Martha Stewart Living magazine puts out a new issue, we will throw a few of her recipes together for a menu, make them, eat them, and call it…wait for it…”Martha Meal!”
We decided to start simple. Our Martha Meal consisted of Roasted Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes, Olives, and Feta & Artichoke Fennel and Arugula Salad with Strawberries and Pecorino Seeded Croutons.
First, we had to shop for the ingredients. Thankfully, Sprouts is our local market. In case you didn’t already know, I thoroughly enjoy grocery shopping; making the lists, seeing all the fresh produce, deciding on the right cut of meat, and always trying to find a good deal. So much fun to do something I (oddly) love with someone I (not-so-oddly) love!
Next, we got back to my place and did the following: we set up our stations, preheated the oven, and got to work! The whole placed smelled…amazing.
Now to share these yummy recipes with all of you! I will be sharing the scrumptious salad with you (see below), but you’ll have to head over to Brittan’s blog for the low-down on those amazing Roasted Chicken Thighs. Cheers!
Artichoke Fennel and Arugula Salad with Strawberries and Pecorino Seeded Croutons
Pecorino Seeded Crouton Ingredients:
- 1 small loaf of fresh baked seeded bread
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese, finely shredded
- Fresh cracked pepper
Pecorino Seeded Crouton Directions:
- Slice seeded bread into 3/4-inch-cubes until you have 4 cups.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bread cubes and a pinch of salt. Continue to stir.
- Cook until crisp. About 5-10 minutes. Once golden and crisp, remove from heat.
- Immediately sprinkle your croutons with the pecorino and cracked pepper.
- 3-5oz. Arugula
- 1 small fennel bulb, chopped (top removed)
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 1 6 oz. jar artichoke hearts, divided
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Pecorino Seeded Croutons (see recipe above)
- In a large salad bowl toss in the arugula, chopped fennel, a few of the artichoke hearts, and sliced strawberries.
- Make the dressing: combine the rest of the artichoke hearts and their liquid, the feta, the juice of 1 lemon, and Olive Oil into a small food processer.
- Toss your salad with the dressing and croutons. Serve and enjoy!
Brittan and I both hope that you enjoy the Martha Meal as much as we did. And DANG it tasted GOOD! I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us next month!
Thanks for being my bloggy friend, Brittan! And working with me on these yummy drinks too!