The list this week is a little selfish, but for a fun reason! In a little less than one month, I will be turning 25! A quarter of a century…whoa. That being said, I am making a list of all the possible ways I could celebrate the day!
I would love to hear your suggestions about how to celebrate, where to go, what to do, what to eat, anything! Basically, what should I experience as a 25 year old? I know Joy the Baker has an awesome list of what to do when you are Turning Twentyone and I’d love to compile a list of my own! But as far as celebrating, here’s my list of possibilities:
- Visit Coronado. Wear a pretty dress, ride bikes, eat at Island Pasta.
- Have a dinner party. Serve bratwurst and beer. Make soft pretzels and have lots of Sprinkles Cupcakes…red velvet, of course.
- Get a tattoo. Wait, who am I kidding? Or am I?
- Get a massage, a facial, sushi: the works.
- Have an old school sleepover with all my girlfriends. Head on over to The Pannikin for breakfast.
- Take a cooking class at Sur La Table!
- Beach walk at sunset and take-out Chinese food. Lots of eggrolls are a must.
- Be a little crazy with laughing and singing at San Diego’s dueling piano bar: The Shout House.
- Be a little hipster with some slices from Pizzeria Luigi and Mules at Starlite.
- Have a classic game night. Scattergories until we all fall asleep!
- Get classy with dinner at Bankers Hill. Then go for a little slice of Heaven and a cup of tea at Extraordinary Desserts.
- Go for an early morning hike at Torrey Pines then for breakfast at Claire’s.
- Spend the day watching girly movies and making ice cream.
- Craft & Sew. Because there never seems to be enough time for it other days.
- Throw together a soccer scrimmage and go out for pizza after!
- Go bankrupt shopping for tea.
So….in light of discussing birthdays, I think presents are in order: I am hosting a sweet giveaway! Please post a comment below to be entered to win some of my favorite treats from Trader Joe’s. I would love to hear your perspective. In your comment, please answer one or more of the following: what did you do for your 25th Birthday? From the list above, what is your vote on how I should celebrate my birthday this year? Or, give me your own awesome idea!
NOTE: Giveaway will end on January 24th at 12:00pm. Winner will be selected at random. Winner will be notified via email and I will post their win in the comment thread. Let the commenting begin! Restrictions: Winner must live within the continental United States.
*Photo Credit: Jessica Hannon