In the coming year, I will be writing “this abundant list” according to yours truly every week! These lists will include my favorite things, stuff that makes me smile, cry, shout for joy and links to things that make life beautiful, stylish, and fun. So here we go!
If you didn’t know already, I LOVE food.
I never knew it would happen to me, but I think I am becoming a foodie.
Travel is no longer about the things to see (although, I do love that too), but about the local bakery, farmers market, or hole-in-the-wall diner. Monday night dinners are no longer about just a can of soup for convenience (although it does happen every once in a while), but about the roasts and stews and trying out new cooking techniques.
Here’s a list of food/tips that I will be trying out this winter season. Enjoy!
- Baby, it’s cold outside. I will be trying out these delicious soups: Roast Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup (I will substitute potatoes for the rice), White Bean, Escarole and Chicken Sausage Soup, Mexican Corn and Poblano Soup. Maybe a cauliflower garlic and split pea too!
- Looking for a zesty soup and salad garnish? Try crisping your lemon zest!
- Making stock! Save all your scraps from cooking and store in individually labeled bags for the freezer. Chicken, vegetable, beef, or fish stock!
- Latkes, anyone?! I’m excited to try these 8 different ways to make them! And Elana’s version are UHH-MAZING.
- Tequila is my favorite. And when I saw a recipe for Tequila Punch, I was sold.
- We love eating Paleo, so I’m excited to try this real simple Seared Steak with Cauliflower Puree.
- So bad…but, SO good. I know Bret will love if I make this Cheese Crisps.
- I’m inspired to have a fancy dinner party. I think this extensive checklist could seriously help me. Maybe this complete menu too!
- TEA! I am obsessed with this tea and its glittering effect! DIY?!
- Homemade Yogurt & Chamomile-Yogurt Panna Cotta! Yes, please.
- Always be dessert-ready with an antique glass jar of cookies in the fridge.
- Evernote Food is a new app I’ll definitely be trying out on my new iPad Mini. Looks awesome.
That’s all for now. I’ll be busy in the kitchen!