I love the simple pleasures in life. What girl doesn’t love a little treat every now and then, right?! I especially love when those treats help me make my little apartment more of a home; those are some of the best kind!
My husband and I have been married for about a year and a half now and until a couple of months ago I had been doing all my ironing on a towel laid down on the carpet….not the best! But it was pretty comical:
So after multiple subtle hints, my hubby took me to get the perfect ironing board! It is great quality and has a light blue polka-dotted fabric cover. It is made by Real Simple so you know it has to be good! To top it off, he picked me out some pink peonies from Trader Joe’s. Pink peonies are one of my favorite flowers and they always remind me of my wedding bouquet! Yes, these things may seem silly, but I really felt appreciated and spoiled all at the same time.
Another simple pleasure for me is getting creative in the kitchen. Lately, the weather has been boiling, even in Carlsbad! Bret and I like to cool down with a frosty treat. My special Blueberry Green Tea Slushies always do the trick (and they’re so nutritious)! Here’s the recipe:
- 3 ice cube trays
- 4 cups of your favorite green tea
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1-2 Tbsp Honey
1. Brew your tea in boiling water. Cool to room temperature.
2. Place 3-5 blueberries in each slot of your ice cube tray.
3. Pour tea into ice cube trays
4. Freeze over night. Transfer cubes into gallon freezer bag once frozen.
5. Place desired amount of “tea cubes” into blender with a bit of water and the honey. Blend to desired slushie consistency and ENJOY!
What are some of the simple pleasures you have been given or like to indulge in? I would love to see or hear them!